I love serendipity! My hubby needed to reseal a window frame and I got cupcakes out of the deal. Years ago I made a lot of cupcake crafts with cans of spray foam.
It is REALLY hard to handle and the results are not guaranteed. I found a huge learning curve when I used different brands. The rule of thumb is LESS is MORE. Which I forgot when I made my cupcakes this time with my husband’s left over spray foam.
First, put cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Position the spray nozzle in the center of the liner, press down until the foam comes out and…..PRAY! The stuff comes out almost uncontrollable and I attempt to keep it in the center with a smooth circle motion. When the cupcakes were freshly filled, they were the size I wanted. However, they EXPAND! Did I say “Less is More?????”
Use a hacksaw to cut the cupcakes in half. Paint the frosting with acrylic paint and sprinkle glitter for some sparkle. Before hot gluing to the wreath form, hot glue another cupcake liner over the first one so the side of the cupcake looks finished. I printed out holly berries and leaves for a holiday theme and used red ribbon roses for the tops. I wanted to use red map pins for “sprinkles” but the Dollar Store doesn’t seem to have them and I need to keep my costs down because this will be priced low to sell at a Christmas bazaar.
I got the wreath form and red garland trim from Dollar Tree and covered the top of the wreath with extra cupcake liners. This wreath cost me $4.00 to make thanks to my hubby who donated the left over spray foam.
I had no idea I was going to have a cupcake wreath for my inventory this year. Thank you serendipity!