I took a trip down my photo gallery “memory lane” this week and rediscovered some easy peasy dolls I sold in my Etsy shop years ago:
I recently purchased some fabulous iron on transfer sheets and dug out some fleece for this easy project that takes about 1/2 hour to make. The transfer sheets are really fun and easy to use with your inkjet printer.
(I am an Amazon affiliate, if you click I get some $ and there is no extra charge to you)
I like to start by finding an image and sizing it in my photo software to 3″ wide to fit the doll. I couldn’t find the images of my original dog and cat faces which I really loved and sold well in my ETSY shop, so I went on a digital image hunt!
I purchased these cute animal digital printable images and transferred them to the dolls, but for some reason, I didn’t like them as well as the original dog and cat images….so I hunted for something new and found what I was looking for at “The Graphics Fairy” so I printed out the two vintage kitties.
The pattern is simple:
To make the doll follow the instructions on the pattern pieces above. THERE IS A FREE PRINTABLE PATTERN AT THE END OF THE POST. Don’t forget to leave a two inch break in the seam to provide access to stuff with batting.
Now it is time to add the face!
Find your image. You can get creative! You can use a photo of your pet’s face. You can use a photo of a Grandma or Grandpa. OR better yet, big brother or sister can draw a face and you can scan it into your computer to print out.
- Use your photo software to make the width 3 inches.
- Follow the transfer paper instructions applicable for YOUR printer and print out.
- After printing out your image, cut it out close to the edge of the printing and separate the backing from the image transfer and peel off.
- Get your iron hot and MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WATER IN IT BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT USE STEAM.
- Place the face image on your doll and cover with some parchment paper that is included in the image transfer kit (don’t toss it because you use it for the next project).
- Move the iron back and forth on the parchment paper distributing the heat for about 60 seconds.
YOU ARE DONE! This soft little doll is light as a feather, a perfect friend for baby!
FREE PRINTABLE PATTERN: