Well, she is finished, sort of. I haven’t thought of a name yet and I imagine I will see things to change as the picture sits here in my studio. It was fun to reimagine the original painting and give it fresh life:
The first step was to print out a pattern:
Then I covered her hair with paper clay! The paper clay will stick if you put a layer of good glue under it. I used Aleen’s Tacky Glue.
I made ropes of paper clay and flattened the clay with a roller and gave the hair texture with a fork.
Then I painted the hair and adhered a genuine turquoise head band with leather strips. Looking at the photo just now I need to add more leather strips!
I had planned to make her tail from paper clay but it takes FOREVER to dry. I remembered the new roll of ArtEmboss foil I had and cut out the rump and tail sections. I am really happy with the result! Then I made an ArtEmboss Tillamook Head.
This will be one of the featured pieces for July ArtWalk in Seaside, Oregon at Sunrose Gallery. I put together another little collage this morning with the little mason jar assemblage I mentioned the other day.