I have never tried essential oil infusers and when I found a recipe on Pinterest that had ingredients I already had on hand it was time to try it.
I already had a pretty bottle with a narrow opening, bamboo sticks and lavender essential oil. Every recipe I have run across needed reed sticks and I had never seen those at the craft stores.
The recipe was cool because it gives options: if you don’t have safflower oil, use distilled water. Likewise, if you don’t have reed sticks, you can use bamboo skewers..if you are using water.
It is simple to assemble and the scent is subtle, not overwhelming.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup safflower oil ( (Or you can use distilled water.))
- 5-6 reed sticks (if using oil. Or bamboo skewers (if using water).)
- 25-30 drops essential oil.
- 1-2 tablespoons isopropyl alcohol ( (or vodka (whatever you use, make sure it’s at least 90-95% alcohol)))
- Small jar with small opening.